Give Five. Run Five Challenge
Time & Location
About the Event
Covid 19 has resulted in countless cancelled races, gym closures and even "shelter in place" guidance that has many of us confined to home. We know that it can be hard to stay motivated when you don't have a clear goal in mind.
We designed this challenge to keep you moving and keep you connected while your "sheltering in place" This is a social fitness challenge. We want to see how much fun you can have while participating. Get creative and Get started today.
- Maintain (or better yet) Improve your fitness while stuck at home.
- Stay connected with your community- event if it is through a digital "high five"
- Give back to a charity cause that is meaningful to you. (We would love for that to be us but support you giving to any impact organization)
How It Works: (We aren't rigid-can't stand running, ride instead... bikes bore you...bounce it out on a trampoline- get creative...)
- This is a social fitness challenge. Participate with family, friends, co-workers, classmates- your community.
- Decide on your challenge goals: 5k, 5 miles, 5 days of consecutive running at any pace for any distance...
- Choose 5 people to challenge
- Run your challenge and be sure to have someone snap a pic or take video. Selfie it up if you are alone in quarantine.
- Post to social and call out those people you've decided to challenge. Be sure to name the charity cause you've chosen to support and add a social donate link if they have one. (We do. :))
- Make a donation: 5 hours of volunteer effort, $5, 5 tens, 5 hundreds. The donation type and amount is up to you.
- Tag us for a chance to earn an SGL feature and free charity merchandise. (Yes you are eligible even if you didn't pick us as your favorite charity.)
- Have Fun. Seriously. Fitness is FUN.
Do you prefer rules and want structure for this challenge? We've got you covered.
- Pair this challenge with our virtual Resilience, Run, Ride, Move event.
- Register today: virtual event begins Monday 4/13/2020.
- Challenge your friends on social!
- Download our app and connect to your favorite fitness tracker: Strava or Fitbit anyone?
- Set your goals.
- Start logging activity to earn bragging rights and a chance for cool charity gear.